To prevent a backup we suggest keeping fats, oils, and grease out of your drains. This over time should keep you plumbing drains running smoothly and keep the plumbers away.
Not sure what is safe to put in your drain? Our suggestion is if you are not sure, throw it away! We have listed a few items (not all listed) to avoid putting down your drains:
- Oil and butter
- Sauces and thick dips
- Any drippings such as bacon, chicken, turkey, & beef.
- Fat remains from meat, trimmings.
- Peelings from fruits, like Apples
- Peelings from veggies, like potatoes
- Scrape food and grease from plates into the trash
- Use sink drain strainer
- Pour grease in cans and throw away
- Wipe away plates, pans, and baking dishes before washing